Monday, May 18, 2009

No, sh*t, Sherlock


Our cast of characters -

Me (The Daddy)
The Bean: Age 7
The Butterfly: Age 5
The Loving Understanding Wife

Dig if you will a picture -

The Bean, the Butterfly, my wife and I sit down and eat together about once a month. I'm never hungry, my wife is always frazzled, and the kids...well, you get the idea.

So, just as this Blue Moon meal is beginning, the phone rings.

The Bean leaps to the phone. She's been doing this a lot lately.

"Oh, shit!" she says. She's looking at us, waiting impatiently for a reaction.

I laugh, which is apparently the wrong thing to do. My wife explains that was a very, very bad word and she should not say it nor should anyone else.

I chime. "However, if a grown up were to say it, you shouldn't correct them because you are seven, and they probably no better, but said it anyway.

"OK, Daddy. Maybe I'll just make a sign that says 'No Shit'"

Labels: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment