Thursday, August 27, 2009

A SAHD, SAHD Day

As always - The Cast of Characters

Me (The Daddy)
The Bean: Age 7
The Butterfly: Age 5
The Darling Wife

I've been labeled.

The DW, in her infrequent spare time, likes to surf the parenting message boards for advice on how to handle The Bean and her princess attitude.  And strategies on to alleviate The Butterfly's frequent meltdowns.  Can't forget those.

Apparently, being a Dad who doesn't work, cooks for the DW and and children, and (very occasionally) cleans something up, has a name.

And that name isn't guy who writes blogs.

Nor is it guy who writes picture books for children and struggles with the duality of his nature while writing a vampire novel.

Nor is Guy Who Writes Blogs even an acronym.  GWWB.  See it doesn't work.  Spell check has just spazzed.

But apparently, Stay At Home Dad does have an acronym.

Apparently, it's SAHD.  I'm assuming it rhymes with bad, mad, and Vlad (notice how I tied the vampire thing back in.  We in writing circles called this literary device - tying the vampire thing back in).

SAHD is probably pronounced 'sad'.

And that's just sad.

3 comments:

  1. But maybe it's pronounced "saad," like Saab! But maybe if you're saabing, it's "sad." :P LOL!

    My husband and I have a girl who's 7 and a boy who's 4. I love parenting message boards, too. My favorite is Gentle Christian Mothers - not sure if you're Christian or not, but we have some non-Christians there, too. Just wanted to share the website in case she was interested: http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forum.php Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the "LOL!". That was a little embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries on the 'LOL'. Now the :P, I may to take issue with :P

    We're Christian as well. My wife is Catholic and we are raising our children as such. I will check out the forum.

    I'm also posting some things on a website called Babble, but for the most part, if I write it, it goes here first.

    Stu

    ReplyDelete