Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Princess Paparazzi

As always - The Cast of Characters

Me (The Daddy)

The Bean: Age 7
The Butterfly: Age 6
The Darling Wife



Apparently, you can get Disney Princess autographs.


The DW and I took The Bean and The Butterfly to Disney this Thanksgiving, eschewing extended family responsibilities.  


The Bean and The Butterfly loved it.  Particularly Epcot.  


You can drink beers from around the world at Epcot.  I did nothing to discourage their fondness of what was once considered the dullest of the theme park.


The Disney princesses would stand and people with their excited daughters would wait patiently in interminable lines for their turn to gather hugs and photo ops.


Pretty straight forward, right?


Wrong.  The princesses worked a schedule with specific, hard-lined cut off points.  You could wait patiently in the aforementioned interminable line, only to be cut off seconds before the hugs and photo ops could take place.


Ouch.  


So what is a Superdad to do?


Wait 15 minutes in a line to see Sleeping Beauty, of course.  


Here's the kicker, though.  I was waiting in a line without a Princess.


She'd be right out, I was assured.  So I waited in a line for no Princess at all.  


For Sleeping Beauty, no less.  

And she hated me.



But The Bean and The Butterfly got to see their Princess, and the DW brought me a beer from France.


Sometimes I love being Superdad.

No comments:

Post a Comment