Thursday, February 25, 2010

Upon the Kitty Catwalk

As always - The Cast of Characters

Me (The Daddy)

The Bean: Age 8
The Butterfly: Age 6
The Darling Wife


The new job has begun.  And once again, I take to the skies.

I'll be traveling to beautiful Leominster, Massachusetts for the next six months - Sunday night to Thursday night out of town.  Away from The DW.  Away from The Bean and The Butterfly.


When I'm not writing blogs and when I'm not unemployed, I work with large computer systems.  Payroll systems.  


Yes, Payroll systems.

Shatter your image of me?


The Bean loves talking on the phone, so my being away is sort of a treat for her.  When she turned 7, we bought her a Barbie telephone.  She knows my cell number.


"Daddy," she says into her pink receiver, "are you writing more books?"


I am, in fact, writing a book.  But not a kid's book.  


Imagine a really dark thriller.  Only darker.


"You should write another Daddy, I Want book."


I agree that I should.


"Maybe this time Lily (the character in my books based on The Bean) can be in a Fashion Show."


"OK."


"And, of course, she wins."


"Of course."


"It can be called Daddy, I Want to be a Supermodel."


I tell her that I'll write more kid's books as soon as The DW starts to illustrate them.


The Bean takes it upon herself to torment her Mother about this.


I expect to catch hell when I get home.



No comments:

Post a Comment